Sunday, March 9, 2008

signs of spring

About a week ago the girls were very excited to notice bits of purple flowers growing on the dirt mountain outside my front door. Excited shouts of "You won't believe it!" and "It's a sign of spring Mommy!" and "Hurry up, we're late!" filled the crisp morning air.

Since then there has been quite a few signs of spring in my garden, even if that part of my yard is little more than a dirty, dug up, trampled, muddy, wanna-be construction site. I guess despite it all life will go on (a la Jurassic Park).


Seen blooming in and around my garden this week

purple and yellow crocuses
pink and purple primula
daffodil (almost hidden along the front wall)
spring fire heather.

I guess there are a few things to love about Vancouver Island.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: