Friday, March 6, 2009

a week of sick days

Super O's been home almost all this week. First with a soar throat, then with a soar ear, then a day off for parent teacher interviews. Sheesh.
 
procrastination
By the way I am aware that my girls get way to much "screen time" and moments like this one make that fact glaringly obvious. Thing is I'm not 100% convinced it's a bad thing. I'm weak and Pokemon and helping each other learn to game are some of the few things the girls consistently agree on. RPG's are one of the things that really illustrated how much trouble O's having learning to read, and have helped me find out exacly how many letters and sounds she does know, as well as how good her problem solving skills can be.

So I may be guilty of raising geeks and media freaks. Does that automatically means I'm raising, unthinking zombies, desensitzed violent monsters, or couch potatoes? Costumes, gardening, cooking, building, ponies and pet shops, books and games are also part of our days, and even if my girls are a little warped,  I personally think it's genetic. I guess time will tell if letting the monsters feed their media addiction is an error as they grow.

No comments: