Friday, April 25, 2008

the longest week ever

Longest week ever, but I think it's more than that. April feels like it is never going to end; spring is never going to come; I'm getting old, and am beginning to believe that I will never again wake up refreshed and ready to face the day.

Twenty five days gone and five to go. So far this month J- (who sailed home last month) has been around long enough to stirred the pot, alter all our routines, celebrate one early birthday, and stay up all night working on some you've-got-your- priorities-screwed-up-project more than once. Only to be driven to the airport at 4am where he escaped and flew as far away from us and the never ending noise, mess, work, and general chaos as he could without leaving the country for most of the until mid-July. Of course all this change in routine has result in O-, Iz, and I all losing our minds and our tempers. I took my frustrations out on my husband (who totally deserves whatever he gets!), while the girls have been taking most of their frustrations out on me. Birthday parties, taxes, a never ending reno. I think we are all feeling like dog poop 'round here. I'd pray for May, or summer, or good weather, but what I really need is a whole house and/or a big o' truck to stick my camper on so the me and my crew can escape the chaos for a few days whenever the going gets tough.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: