Thursday, June 5, 2008

it's raining it's pouring

The last few days have been rainy, and I won't dig in the rain so other projects have been worked on. So far I've tidied up a very little bit, once I was bored with that I decided to try my hand at laying tile. I laid nine slate tiles where the woodstove will eventually be. Definitely a beta projects but passable. I'm pleased, but I know if Joe had been the one doing the work he would have pulled the tiles 10 times before they either broke or were perfect. Funny, took owning/building a house to prove that he's the worst sort of perfectionist. Me, not so much; most day's I'm happy if I've finished anything, I don't have time or energy to worry about little things like perfect. The day after I laid the tiles I found a hammer and started smashing all sorts of bits of ceramic that have been set aside since moving to our ranch style mansion. Ya, I know I have the dropsies, but it wasn't all me. Honest.


Olivia's detail; created out of a piggy bank one of her best friends gave her for Christmas years ago and was broken within a week. Amazing fast fact: she recognized the shards!


Casa de Csik; Constructed from an assortment of stuff, and some blue leaf shaped bowls I found at the clothing exchange eons ago. O's comment, "but nobody will see it when we get the stove". She's right but I think every creative detail counts.

Before you ask. Yes the girls have been helping, and let me tell you there are a very few things in life as disturbing, or as exciting for the short person, as seeing them in a pair of goggles wielding a hammer destroying plates and cups with a reckless abandon. Irony is my favourites ended up in the pile because of one of them in the first place. More pictures at flickr.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: